Thursday 31 May 2012

Racketballers @ The Dean Club 30/5/2012

Unfortunately due to the layout at the Dean I was not able to see 3 of tonight's matches however Mike Wagner lost 0-3 in a match which I am told had a couple of fairly close games whilst Harvey (the phone thief) Frew was making his debut and also went down 0-3. Andrew Beames fought out a close game at number 3 going down 1-3.
On court 1, Derek Addison was also making his debut. Despite trying to frighten his opponent with his new tattoo's, only lack of experience defeated Derek as he, like many of us, was still trying to play squash at crucial times in the match and was unfortunate not to have won a couple of games as he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory for another 0-3 loss.
I was next up at number 2 and inexplicably began to play homage to the absent Christy by taking over his mantle of hitting the tin and gifting far too many points to my opponent. Struggling to get to grips with the extremely bouncy ball I proceeded to give my worst performance of the season going down 0-3. Fortunately I now head off to an Italian training camp for a week where I will try to boost my iron (red wine) and carbohydrate (pasta) levels.
Mike Gore was last on at 1 and saved a bit of dignity for the Grange with a fine 3-0 victory. It was probably the best performance of the season from Mike who found good length and tight boasts all night long.
Retiring to the bar discussion centred round how to return the lost phone to a stranger when you couldn't call him and that Mike Gore is probably the only man in Scotland who cares about the Queen's Jubilee. Thanks again to our local rivals for the hospitality which we look forward to returning in August.
 (Report: David Grieve    Milan bound Captain.)

No comments: