Sunday 2 December 2012

GRG4 Vs GRG3 Derby Match

Request for some random drug testing at the Grange!
I was first up, (Brian Sloan), against Andrew Beames and all I can say is that it was like playing Skippy the Kangaroo on speed. Andrew was well up for it and sprang about the court as if his life depended on it. I did manage to win our second game but I suspect Andrew sneaked off to the toilet for another line and his spring returned to see out the match 3-1. However, our match did last a reasonable length of time to the extent that on the other court two matches were completed in the same duration. Both were 3-0 wins for the 3s. Mike Gore and Mark Dutton comfortably seeing of Doug Sherriffs and Rocco. Unfortunately I can’t comment on either of these games as I was too busy wrestling with Skippy!
I then umpired an excellent tight game between Dougie Brown and Anthony Fitzgerald. Dougie won 3-1 but two of the games went to 10-8 in each players favour and the one Anthony lost could easily have gone his way which would have taken it to the fifth. Well done Anthony for showing that the 4s can at least compete with the 3s!
The last game was expected to be a close game between Andy Whitelaw and Richard Nisbet. I certainly expected it to be given the way Richard played for us the previous week. I confidently headed off for a shower expecting to come back and watch the closing stages of the game. You can imagine my surprise when I came out of the shower to see Andy changing for a shower! It appeared that he played superb squash to the extent that Richard was questioning why Andy needed a shower! However in the bar afterwards when Andy was asked how he was managing to play so well given his recent injuries it appears he takes quite a number of pills before taking to court. Yet more drug taking!
The chat afterwards was very good natured and I learnt something new as well. Mark is Australian! A number of people were surprised that I didn’t know this given his accent but I have to be honest and say I don’t understand anything Mark says. If I had been told he was German I would have believed it.
Well done to the 3s for their win and for managing to rack up our biggest bar bill of the season so far! Hopefully it will be closer next time when we should have Stokesy, Mike Douglas and Georgina playing for us and your drug bans will have kicked in.
PosPlayerRubbersGamesPoints        PlayerRubbersGamesPoints
1Andrew Whitelaw1327Richard Nisbet0013
2Dougie Brown1339Anthony Fitzgerald0133
3Mark Dutton1327Rocco Pannozzo007
4Mike Gore1327Doug Sherriffs0014
5Andrew Beames1331Brian Sloan0116
Total5151510283
Competition Points182

No comments: